But I’m too tired to look cute! Why do I need to look cute? Everyone’s eyes are closed! Yes, those are very convincing excuses to just fall into bed in whatever you are wearing and look like the victim in the opening scene of a Law and Order episode, but don’t you deserve to have nice things? Don’t you deserve to have actual pajamas that are pretty?
Choosing to have a cute outfit for sleep is something that you do for you. You remember “you,” don’t you? You know—that thing at the bottom of your to-do list. If you have issues with self-worth or self-esteem, what better way to “love you some you” than to give yourself a cute outfit to go to bed? It is just for you, seen only by you, and it can change your life.
As Arianna Huffington says in her book, The Sleep Revolution, her yummy pink pajamas became her favorite sleep aid. They became a signal to her body to shut down. You mean you get a cute outfit for sleep and then get better sleep? Yep!
Use the tips below to up your pajama game for a better night’s sleep and just to have a cute outfit for sleep.
- Choose blue – Do you know that in a recent survey by Travelodge, people that slept in a blue room got the most sleep? So why not try blue pajamas? What are the room colors that came in second? Moss green, pale yellow, and silver.
- Use the slumber party test – If I was invited to a slumber party, would I wear this outfit to look cute while hanging out with my girls? If so, good job! You may proceed to Slumber Land.
- Think back to when you first started dating someone. Is this what you wore to bed, or was it something a little sexier?
- Does what you are trying to wear to bed have a hole or rip in it? If so, go back to the drawing board. You deserve better sleepwear.
- Does what you are going to wear to bed have a stain on it? If so, go back to the drawing board. You deserve sleepwear that doesn’t smell like French vanilla creamer.
- Are your pajamas so cute that they make you want to start singing, “Look at me, I’m Sandra Dee?” (For those of you who are unaware, this is a reference to the slumber party scene from Grease.)
- Are the garments you are wearing to bed older than Paris Jackson? This means you were rocking these same items while dancing to the “Remember the Time” music video. Get rid of them.
- Oversized is good because a loose fit is comfortable, but if you’ve dreamt that you were drowning and woke up tangled in your oversized t-shirt, you need to toss that shirt and get a cute outfit for sleep.
To make a cute outfit for sleep, it is good to know what your sleep style is. Are you the tomboy, the minimalist, the girly girl, or the athlete? Our pajama game web series can help you with your sleep style.